Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day

Today is Armistice Day, a day to honor all those who have served our country in the military, especially those who lost their lives in the service.
I am deeply grateful for their sacrifice and service.

I enjoy the freedoms and opportunities that are mine because I live in the United States of America. I am grateful that the USA has been protected and saved to be a great country. I realized that freedom is not free and I pray sincerely that we will continue to be blessed, that the American people will make right choices and that they will help and serve one another and serve God.

M father, Elden G. Hurst, was a veteran of World War II. He was an example of patriotism and of citizenship for our entire family. He volunteered to serve in the Navy so that the USA could be protected from aggression. He was politically active throughout his life. He served as a town board member in Hinckley. He was a precinct chairman in Salt Lake City and most years he was a delegate to the County and State conventions.

May we, his posterity, follow his example.

No comments:

Post a Comment